Close

Part of print not connecting to support (Newbie)

Hello, I am brand new to 3d printing. Just got my ender 3 V2 up and running and have printed a couple things so far. Calibration Cube, 3d benchy, and a little stich figure for my daughter. Today is decided i wanted to try something a little different and found this Hydralisk on Thingiverse https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:265624/makes First i tried the solo print just to find out i was being dumb and needed to obviously have supports for the arms. Half way through the print it spaghetti everywhere. I then tried again with the plate/support build and this is the outcome. Im thinking it’s either one or two problems im facing here. Either my bed wasnt leveled properly or something is wrong in the gcode. And not to mention the excessive stringing and sphagetti. Can anyone shed some light for the beginner that i am in what i am doing wrong or what i need to fix? Thanks and greatly appreciated. And my apologies am completely new to this. Ive attached the image of my print, the gcode, and the original SLT.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Kjcraig77; 01-19-2023 at 10:56 PM.

I think you need to use different supports so that it is properly being supported.

Quote Originally Posted by 3DPrinterMan1234 View Post
    I think you need to use different supports so that it is properly being supported.
    How would I go about that? Editing myself in cura? Sorry again am completely new and trying to learn from trial and error

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by 3DPrinterMan1234 View Post
    Perhaps you'd care to explain what you mean?

How to change supports in cura

In the support section there will be a setting called support pattern try changing that. if it doesn't show up click the slider button and click the box next to support pattern.