Close

PLA does not get off the bed ?

Hosting a quick topic on New Year's Eve anyway.Since yesterday the owner of a Flashforge Adventure 4.From the box a piece of cake to get this printer working. The first two prints have already been made, the well-known Benchy and an XYZ cube. Quality is fine.But I can't get the residual PLA off the heated bed.I can only get the printed object off with considerable force (hammer).The temperature for the bed is 55 degrees and that of the nozzle 220.I am now stuck with a bed with remnants of PLA that will not come off. Who helps ?Happy New Year everyone :-)Sincerely,Guus

I am not familiar with FlashForge printers so I don't know what print surface you have. I use PEI for my print surface, and when I have prints that are "tough" to get off the bed, it is usually one of two things (or both). 1 - First layer is just a tad bit too low. 2 - Print temp is too high, and 220 sounds very high for PLA. I print "normal" PLA at 200-205, and the Plus/Pro PLA at 210-215

Yeah i print pla ad nozzle 200 and bed 60. never use a hammer to get prints of both dangerous and damaging. try heating the bed up to around 65 and gently pry it off. to remove the remains stuff clean the bed i use mentholated sprites but there is plenty of YouTube videos of that.
    hope this helps have a great day