Close

Thread: Plot Twist

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook

Plot Twist

After all these years of playing with plastics in my living room I finally found a place and have got my first mill. The LMS 3990..

I have added an Amazon DRO kit boasting 0.0002" resolution. This will probably get power feeders before stepper motors and the CNC treatment but it would be so nice to turn this into that at some point.

Anywho now I can go and start remaking all my 3d printer parts in metal. And somewhere down the line we will get that lathe from the Little Machine Shop as well.

Staff Engineer
    I have that same mill, now sitting idle because the bolt holding the lift spring in place has fallen free into my disaster area of a garage. One of these days, I'll find it and put it back together. Consider to apply thread locker to the base of the spring and to the bolt in the top. My spring also unthreaded inside the column!

It's great fun to make chips. The DRO was probably the best investment I made in the machine, seconded by a power cross feed.

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    It is fun to make chips. Aside from the DRO, I have gotten a proper light for the toolhead..

The light is an AmScope 144-LED microscope light. I got mine from an ebay ad just like this one: AmScope 144-LED Adjustable Compact Microscope Ring Light +Adapter w Black Finish 840979102714 | eBay

And the mount to hold it to the printer I downloaded from here: adapter to install a microscope LED ring light to the mini mill by a****166 - Thingiverse