Close

Student

Anycubic Photon M3 printer, print plate not moving up, seems to be stuck

This is my 1st time posting here, I am very new to 3D printing. I have had a pla printer for some time now and am getting the hang of that a bit and have decided to expand into resin printer, to be able to get some more detailed work printed.

I have recently bought the Anycubic Photon M3 and had done one print, which came out fine and after that, it stood for awhile due to time constraints on my side. Today I cleaned it up, getting it ready for a print, I put everything together, secured the print plate and it was ready to go. I filled it with resin and it started printing, but after awhile it started making a weird noise and it turns out that the print plate is not moving up anymore, only down. I turned the printer off and on again but no change. When I manually try to make it go up, it seems to be stuck, it makes a weird noise like it is trying to go up but is not working. When I make it go down (0.1mm), it will do it and after that it will go up again, exactly that 0.1mm, but no further.

Has anyone experienced this before? Is it something I will potentially be able to fix myself? I am pretty handy in fixing stuff but do not want to void any warranty for the printer is still very new.

Thanks for your thoughts and ideas beforehand!

Student
    Stop the press! I have just found that the print plate was stuck to the bed.... The question now is why and how, but I will try to investigate that and start with a clean (again) and level the plate and start another print.