Close

Student

Vertical walls not sticking to one another

I am fairly new to 3D printing and not sure what the correct terminology is. The problem I am having is that my walls (perimeters?) are not sticking to one another. At the top of any wall, I can run my fingernail across the top edge and pull the wall sections apart. See the image for an example. I think the issue could be under extrusion but I have tried the print on two different printers, and one of them is almost brand new and has a micro swiss geared direct drive. Both printers give me the same results. I have tried several things like slowing the print down, increasing the temperature of the PLA, changing wall thickness, changing z-seam to "shortest" - I have tried the same 3mf and stl files on both Cura and PrusaSlicer. I am at a loss for what is causing this to happen. Has anyone had this happen before? I am creating my files in Fusion 360. My two printers are an Ender 3 pro and an Ender 5 Plus. Thanks in advance for any help.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by bkirkby; 11-06-2022 at 05:45 PM.

Technologist
    Do you mind sharing the stl file? I am curious if there is anything going on with it since you have tried different printers with different settings.

I have not had anything like that behavior in my printer, though I have only been 3d printing for about 4 months.

Student
    Here are the files. I have included a 3mf, gcode, and stl(binary).

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GK6...ew?usp=sharing

Technologist
    I wish I was more help.

The file looks fine. I threw it into my machine and it printed fine.

Here are the settings I used on CURA and a picture of the print. Sorry, best of luck. Hopefully someone has the answer.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Student
    OG56,Thanks for tying the files out. While it may not solve the problem, it makes me think that the issue is with the printers. I will try and find something similar online to test print and see if I still get the same issues.

You might need to use supports for a over hang like that and also maybe level the bed Have a great day

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by 3DPrinterMan1234 View Post
    You might need to use supports for a over hang like that and also maybe level the bed Have a great day
    What overhang? I don't see any overhang.

on the inner side of the box where the wall is coming off