Close

Upgrading FB Reborn 2 mainboard to bigtreetech M8p?

Hi everyone I just got the FlyingBear Reborn 2 corexy printer and I must say, it's been much less hassle than my Vyper so far. I am in the process of trying to tune it using TeachingTech's git website. That being said, I am not a fan of the mainboard they put in there. Wifi is... questionable... haven't managed to get any use out of that. I also am not sure whether I want to tinker with it and marlin and I do wish to add ABL, linear advance and input shaping. So my question is would it be very hard for a relative noob to put a Bigtreetech Manta M8P in there? I feel like Klipper would make it easier to get all the functions I want like camera and web monitoring/octoprint and the above mentioned upgrades. Am I mistaken in that assumption? What are your thoughts?

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    board changeovers are pretty simple.
    Just down to how difficult the firmware is to setup.

My general thoughts are that you never need to upgrade a working printer :-)
    A few basic modifications generally fix any issues and they will all print much faster than most people ever use.

Maybe a higher temp hotend - but can't think of any reason to change anything else.

But then I much prefer using printers to upgrading them :-)

One thing, klipper only works with a raspberry pi and (possibly) octoprint.
    I know last time I looked into it I thought it was bloody stupid that you couldn't run it directly from the printer.
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 11-15-2022 at 10:23 AM.