Close

Question Model printing assistance

Hello,I just hopped on the train of 3D printing. I wanted to print my first model after callibration, leveling and printing models provided on SD card from manufacturer but I am having some issues. The model has some thin parts and either those parts or supports break during printing. I tried to get some recommendations from google on how to setup everything in slicer and after like 15 failures I thought I could ask if this model is even possible to print.I am attaching jpg and stl file. Can anyone who has more experience than me give me some guidance on how to print it or if it's even possible. Thanks in advance.I have Creality Ender S1 Pro.I am using Ultimaker Cura as a slicer.I am trying to print using Spectrum PLA Pro.Have a great day!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

Technologist
    I also use CURA and didn't see any issues with the original print.

But I re-topologized the original model to see if that helps any. The original had 7 separate objects and I joined them all to one object. Don't know if that will help. Good luck. I am in the middle of printing a large print so can't test print for a few days.

I am also learning this 3d printing stuff.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks a lot. That helped and I finally got it printed

BTW what software and what exactly have you done with the model? I mean the retopo and join separate objects part.

Technologist
    Awesome! Glad it worked.

For this I used Blender3d (free).

It has boolean tools with a Union function to combine meshes (removes all the inside stuff and makes it one mesh) and remesh command to retopologize.