Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Looking for IMG file for Series1 Type A Machines

Hi everyone! Thank you for taking the time to view this post.THE REQUEST:
    I am looking for the (u-boot) IMG file to flash an SD CARD on a 2014 Type A Machines Series 1 (Not PRO and NO heating bed version).
    If anyone could share one OR point me to one, I would greatly appreciate it.
    BACKGROUND:
    • I recently decided to reuse a previously moth-balled Series1. (I have other 3d printers, but I love the large bed on this unit.) The printer was stored well and booted up like a charm.I was able to print a few test pieces (using filament from 7 years ago, no less).
    • HARDWARE: This Series1 is configured with original boards: BeagleBone Black and a RUMBA.
    • SOFTWARE: Ubuntu and OctoPrint (on the BBB) and I surmise that it is running a pre-2015 version of MARLIN on the Rumba.

THE PROBLEM:
    • After printing about eight pieces or so, I am now unable to connect to the OCTOPRINT web interface (returns with "cannot find server...").This is both on WIFI and Cat5/Ethernet on a dedicated router for a sandbox network I built. On the BBB, LED0 is flashing (heartbeat) and LED1 is steady (on). LEDs 2 and 3 are not lit. All other lights indicate the printer is operational and getting power; even the fan turns on. I understand that this condition usually means (for the Series1, at least) that the SD Card needs to be reflashed.
    • The 8GB SD card contains 3 files: MLO, u-boot.img, and uEnv.txt. I understand these files to be the Das Uboot bootloader. The SD card has 3 partitions: a 1MB master partition, and two other partitions/segments 2GB and 6GB respectively.
    • Problem: I cannot find the right IMG file for this type of printer, and I don't know the specs used to compile the uBoot source.
    • I can rebuild the entire system with updated software/firmware, but I would like to try this reflash before I monkey around with the rebuild.

MY BACKGROUND:
    • Comfortable with solid-state electronics, microcontrollers, stepper drivers and drive systems, and 3d Printers/CNC (I have built many Arduino projects from scratch (e.g. networked home security system running over nRF24L01)).
    • Competent in many computer languages including C/++ and web scripts.
    • This is the first time I'm playing with a BBB.

Any thoughts, corrections, information, or much needed help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

i have a typeA and will make an img file and can share. not sure how to share it to you though. i have a question. the yellow wires from the power switch on front of case, where do the plug in. i knocked mine out and havent seen any clear images that i can see exactly what pins

i have made an image and tested it. it has the 3 partions and is currently running in my bbb.

Quote Originally Posted by reallost View Post
    i have a typeA and will make an img file and can share. not sure how to share it to you though. i have a question. the yellow wires from the power switch on front of case, where do the plug in. i knocked mine out and havent seen any clear images that i can see exactly what pins
    Thank you for the offer reallost. I appreciate it. Probably, the best way to get the file to me is to wrap the image file you've made into a ZIP and attach it to a reply on this board (this board does not accept ".img" files.Regarding your question, I have attached three .jpgs of the yellow wires from the front stop switch.Please let me know if you need a higher resolution image.Also, could you mention the new URL? (When I did a flash years ago, it defaulted to SERIES1-1000.local:5000. Is it the same?).Cheers, and thanks again. You'll save me hours of compiling and configuration on this end.nferrante
    Attached Images Attached Images

the pictures are perfect thanx. the file is still 650+mb after compressing. it is an 8gb card so i guess not bad will keep working on it

One way is to share the file on google drive. That way you don't have to compress the file. Limit is 15gb. I could message you my email if that would make things easier.-- nferrante

reallost, another way (perhaps the easiest) is to send the file through WETRANSFER.COM. This site is a file transfer site for large files. The service is free (up to 2GB). That way you don't have to fiddle with compression and such. Thanx, ---nferrante

sorry for delay. i dont get online too much thru week. i have been looking, could either use onedrive or dropbox i just need to remember how to log into my dropbox or set up a onedrive and send you link. my email is reallost at hotmail dot com

here is a link to the one drive location. dont think you even need an account
    https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhZnmGNll1MugV-87kKCm1bdGU7N

this is a zip file of type a machines sd card image

Quote Originally Posted by reallost View Post
    here is a link to the one drive location. dont think you even need an accounthttps://1drv.ms/u/s!AhZnmGNll1MugV-87kKCm1bdGU7Nthis is a zip file of type a machines sd card image
    Thank you, reallost, for posting the file. I appreciate your taking time from your busy schedule. I was able to download the file and create a new SD card from the image. Despite our effort though, I was not able to flash the BBB--I think the board has died (or malfunctioning now). A replacement BBB is on order and will try again then. But because of the printer's situation, I have decided to do several upgrades to the unit.
    • I am designing a self leveling platform with 3 additional steppers independent of the system (thinking of writing a mod to Marlin---my hope is to achieve sub-micron accuracy)
    • Add a camera
    • Heater for the platform
    • Swapping out the BBB and installing a Mini PC running Ubuntu.
    • Might change to extruder style head. Maybe...
    • Might add a touch-screen to make controls more visible.

It's winter, so this might make a fun project to play with this holiday season. Anyway, thanks again reallost. Cheers, nickie.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast