Close

Problems with 3D Printing?

Hey guys, as part of my Additive Manufacturing degree I've been interested in understanding the biggest problems in the 3d printing space for users? Would appreciate if you could fill out my short survey or even reply in the thread below. I'm happy to share the results and let's discuss/brainstorm some solutions to them!Tim
    Last edited by Bikeracer2020; 10-09-2022 at 05:17 AM. Reason: remove link collecting email addresses

I'm not harvesting any emails, I'm happy to remove the survey link and discuss in this thread instead if it's a problem. I'm genuinely interested in what people think

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    just make entering email addresses optional.
    I've lost count of the number of surveys I've filled in over the years.
    Happy to do another one.

As far as biggest problems go.
    It laregely depends which Am technology you're talking about.

The biggest problems in fdm are caused by cheap porrly built machines that are marketed as being the best thing ever.
    Not just creality either, lots of companys jumpd on the ender 3 design bandwagon.
    That is the single largest problem in home 3d printing. Simply the fact that people are encouraged to buy barely functional junk.

As far as resin printing goes.
    My main issue would be the almost impossibility of getting first layer as detailed as you can do with fdm.

I'm not sure if it's back scatter from the uv light reflection from the aluminium build plate or the way the resins work.
    But it's really frustrating :-)

So those would be my two biggest issues with the current home Am/3d printing scene.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    just make entering email addresses optional.
    I've lost count of the number of surveys I've filled in over the years.
    Happy to do another one. .
    I don't have a problem with the option to enter an email address.
    However, when the link was clicked on, my email address was already filled in and ticked.

I can't help but wonder if personal profiles on this forum have been hacked because I fail to see how my email address would already be filled in otherwise.
    Last edited by Bikeracer2020; 10-11-2022 at 01:38 AM.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    far more likely that your browser is set up to automatically enter your details in forms.
    You using chrome ?
    That would know all your details and it's the kind of 'useful' thing it tends to do.

There are sooooo many reasons not to use chrome or edge. That's just one of them.
    Dunno about safari.

But yeah, it's your browser filling in the form NOT the form stealing your data.

So most likely your end, not the survey end.

Super Moderator
    I'm using Firefox, been using it for more than twenty years and never had that happen before.

Super Moderator
    There has been a similar post with the same web survey from a poster with an IP address in Macedonia.
    That post has been removed.