Close

What's the most key point when you decide to get a 3d printer

As the title said, what's the key point when you want to get your first 3d printer? Speed or others?
    Last edited by Bikeracer2020; 11-08-2022 at 06:44 AM. Reason: link check

dimensions, maximum temperature, type of extrusion (direct or the other xd), and most important the price D
    Last edited by Bikeracer2020; 11-08-2022 at 06:45 AM. Reason: link check

Quote Originally Posted by Amayaatp View Post
    dimensions, maximum temperature, type of extrusion (direct or the other xd), and most important the price D
    How about the printing speed? Or price?
    Last edited by Bikeracer2020; 11-08-2022 at 06:45 AM. Reason: fishing for links

What brand are you using? I recently saw a machine that was advertised as being particularly exaggerated, supposedly capable of 500mm/s idle speed, have you heard of Elyarchi?
    Last edited by Bikeracer2020; 11-10-2022 at 12:51 AM. Reason: link check

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    start with the most you can afford.

THen what the biggest thing you might want to make is.
    Then what type of thing you are likely to make the most: practical stuff, models, toys etc

Then what materials you might want to use. (ie: sub 250c print temp or Above 250c print temp)

And at that point you can start putting a list of specs together and start looking for a printer that matches the specs as well as can be found :-)

Quote Originally Posted by stephenleeeyan View Post
    How about the printing speed? Or price?
    The speed usually effects the quality of printing
    Last edited by Bikeracer2020; 11-17-2022 at 02:41 AM. Reason: link check

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    But depending on what you are printing absolute quality isn't that important.
    I make a lot if brackets, housings and just plain useful practical objects.
    I find that printing fast and roughish then 10minutes with a file and sanding block, saves many hours of printing and the final result is every bit as useful.
    It also depends what material you're using.

The best fdm filament I've currently got is tec-bearsbwhite pla.
    It'll print at 220c, 150mms and 0.35 later height and look better than any other pla I gave printing at half the speed
    Amazing stuff - for my printer and workshop environment.

For us our choice was determined by the end-use. Our goal was to start a 3D printing business aimed at the fastest-growing sector of the 3D printing market, which is small-to-mid-scale manufacturing. A lot of companies can make prototypes and one-off parts with 3D printers, but once they need to manufacture more than 25-100 parts they often start looking at injection molding, which is time-consuming and very expensive to set up. We invested in a printer which was designed for higher volume printing so we could capture that market. You can check out our equipment and market niche on our website at www.tempus3d.com.

Cost for me i don't know about you thought