Close

Threaded View

Exclamation Bigger models won't print correctly. Plastic Strings, missing layers/walls etc. Help

Hello all, Completely new to the 3D printing world and in a moment of sheer confidence having previously downloaded several objects to print from Thingverse with no issue, I told my wife I could make a few items she needs for a blind student in her classroom. Currently I am working on a recycle symbol that I made in TinkerCad after the ones off of Thingverse would not work either. I am getting strings, adhesion problems and issues with plastic not extruding consistently in the same place on the image. I have tried decreasing print head temp from 215 to 190, increasing base temp from 50 all the way to 65, adjusted the retraction and retraction speeds, basically everything I could find on the net. I though for a moment it was the filament as it has been out for 6 months but in a dry place (I live in what they call a high desert so air is alway dry) but when I print the Cat.gcode that came with my printer (Monoprice IIIP Select Mini V2 E3D) it prints fine and if I reprint the Groot character that I have on my desk it works fine too. I have attached the STL file, the gcode I am using from it and an image of what I am getting. I would appreciate any advice on how to fix this. I have tried other prints such as a half hemisphere to imitate the face of a basketball and it had similar issues.Thanks in advance, I hope to get proficient enough to return the favor one day soon.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files