Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Need help turning a logo into an .STL file

Hi! I need to turn a logo for my school into an .STL file I can add to my Senior Design project. The logo is attached. Ideally, the .STL file would be about 2" x 2" x 1/4" but I can scale it to be what I need when I add it to my OpenScad project. What are the best tools to use for this kind of job? Can you walk me through the steps to make it happen?

Attached Images Attached Images

Technologist
    Add truly_bent on Shapeways
    Just ran a screen grab of your logo through 3dp.rocks lithophane program. I set the max width to 50mm (about 2") and the depth to 6mm (about 1/4"). Then ran the resulting STL file through Netfabb to clean it up. There are plenty of options to choose from so i'm sure you can find something that works.

You might want to slice off the base, but i'll let you figure that out.

Edit: Just realized the stl file image is reversed. I guess you'll have to flip it first.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Engineer-in-Training
    There's enough contrast in that image that if you have access to solidworks you should have fair success using the autotrace function to generate a sketch.

Step by step guide here: http://grabcad.com/questions/tutoria...-in-solidworks

THANK YOU!!!! to both of you!!!

Engineer-in-Training iDig3Dprinting's Avatar
    Follow iDig3Dprinting On Twitter Add iDig3Dprinting on Facebook Add iDig3Dprinting on Google+ Add iDig3Dprinting on Thingiverse
    Strangely enough we did this just the other day using n online tool - we posted the result on our facebook page, why not have a look, it was very easy to do so you could try it and see if the results are acceptable.

Add Marm on Thingiverse
    Cool Link. I'll make use of that

Follow Davo On Twitter Add Davo on Facebook Add Davo on Google+ Add Davo on Shapeways Add Davo on Thingiverse
    iDig3Dprinting, thanks much for the link. They do a great job.

Engineer-in-Training iDig3Dprinting's Avatar
    Follow iDig3Dprinting On Twitter Add iDig3Dprinting on Facebook Add iDig3Dprinting on Google+ Add iDig3Dprinting on Thingiverse
    Maram & Davo, you don't fancy liking our facebook page? we are trying to get it up and running and need to get it to that magic 30 likes so we can track the analytics of the page? If not that's ok too.

Follow Davo On Twitter Add Davo on Facebook Add Davo on Google+ Add Davo on Shapeways Add Davo on Thingiverse
    Liked.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast