Close

Technician

Interesting print "defect" that does not occur around the entire print

This is a round piece. Specs:The printer is a Duplicator i3+. I'm printing PLA (205C) Outer wall at 60mm/secInner at 80mm/sec.030mm layer height. Fairly new nozzle which is not clogged. Filament is a bit old but no real audible sounds of excess moisture in the filament but it is at least 9 months old and I do not keep it in a baggie (This has changed w/ all new filament). The thing I find odd is it does not occur on all sides and the height varies. Anyone have any suggestions?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Staff Engineer
    80 mm / sec is moving right along. A couple of things to try would be to slow by 10-15 mm / sec and/or increase the temperature by 5-10 °C. This does not address the inconsistency of the defect, but may help to narrow a solution.

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by fred_dot_u View Post
    80 mm / sec is moving right along. A couple of things to try would be to slow by 10-15 mm / sec and/or increase the temperature by 5-10 °C. This does not address the inconsistency of the defect, but may help to narrow a solution.

I will give it a go, I've always been able to print at this speed/temp before w/o the issue. This spool of filament is about done but I'm curious if anything in these images tell people right away of any particular issue. I generally print at .28mm but I doubt .02mm would make any difference. I can't tell if this is undere xtrusion, combined with a bit of ringing or what. It's not consistent through entire side, layer, etc.

Thanks
    Dave