Close

Student

XYZ Printer only printing .75-1.65 high! What has happened?

I was printing a snowman. it was split from side to side (2 halves vertically.) So the tallest spot was the big belly and the carrot nose. When the Z axis got to 17.6 MM of 37.4mm it quit! It did not gum-up, slip, or drag material. it just stopped.

I then attempted to Print the Lion_t (from Thingiverse). It was cruzing along, even printing the support material. When the Z axis went over the 1/2 inch mark, i was excited. When I checked a few hours later, it too had stopped. This time at 26.4 mm.

I am using an XYZ pr, with Slic3r to clean up and Save the Thinigiverse .STL file, then importing that into XyzWare, for the printing And to decrease the slicer time. I have Pictures.

01f90d384d067fa321573d2121f966b04f8fa11aa1.jpg
    Can anyone Help?

This is my first post...

Any error message on your Da-Vinci's screen?
    Any issue with the cartridge filament?
    I've been printing with mine for a while and printed parts well above that.

Add Marm on Thingiverse
    Take a look at the slicer's output. Sometimes I've found the XYZ software tends to ignore parts of the object completely.

I've been trying to print a single print ball bearing (http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:253753), and I've found the internal cylinders of the central opening and the bearings are ignored by the slicer, only printing supports there.