Close

Rep2/2X beta testers wanted for Raspberry Pi networking software

Good day everyone,

Our software project PrintToPeer is connecting 3D printers to the web so that you can print remotely and queue across several printers. Slicing is done in the cloud with Slic3r and Cura.

We are looking for Raspberry Pi + Rep2/2X owners to try our experimental support of Makerbot printers on our system.

Are there any takers? Contact me for a beta account at tom@printtopeer.com

Cheers!
    -Tom

Senior Engineer
    Why would you want to print remotely or queue across several printers?

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolinor View Post
    Why would you want to print remotely or queue across several printers?
    So that you can print directly from Thingiverse, Sketchup, apps on your phone, etc. And print queues have been around for ages, so that you can click print on several designs rather than needing to bookmark them

-Tom

Senior Engineer
    I can print remotely on both my printers, the Stratasys just does it and the Wanhao through a Raspi but I still cannot think of a reason for being able to do it. I wouldn't trust my cat not to be sleeping in there, I don't think it is a safe thing to do at all and without a camera on it you have no way to know if it is making a birds nest or not..

This is why we have developed camera functionality. So that even if you have a very long print you can travel wherever and still monitor your print.

I have seen many people with Stratasys printer that bolt on a camera to their printer for this very reason. This is an all-in-one solution. And it's free.