Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Project funded, shipping in July.

Just got my Sintratec SLS printer kit yesterday pictured below

It's gonna take me a few days to build it, the quality of the build is very good, i'm impressed, all neatly labeled with clear instructions, a joy to build !

I visited the Sintratec team also yesterday near Zurich, pretty cool guys, they showed me the latest parts they printed, after improving their software, amazing surface finish, better than i was expecting, you just don't see the 100 microns layers, and the corners are so sharp, unbelievable.

Will put some pictures of my first parts, you can see some on their Facebook page.

IMG_20150815_085921.jpg

Follow ralphzoontjens On Twitter Add ralphzoontjens on Facebook Add ralphzoontjens on Shapeways Add ralphzoontjens on Thingiverse
    I am interested in buying the Sintratec Kit. Does anyone have experience with this printer? I would love to hear about your experiences and 3d printing ventures. Would you recommend this printer?

I would love to buy this printer for my 3D printing company. I can't afford it, that's why I set up this crowdfunding campaign. For more information read the campaign.

Thanks allot!

http://igg.me/at/HelpProtoprint/x/12491539

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    t got fully funded on Indiegogo just a few months ago! They will begin selling them in a few months,
    well it would be the first campaign that started selling that early. Generally you're looking at 12-18 months delay.

I must ask. Im very interested in buying a Sintratec printer but Ive been told that it can only successfully sinter black materials, because of its low power laser. My question to Sintratec, why didnt you raise the wattage of the laser so that the printer was capable of more? Seems perfectly simple to me..

Follow RomanG On Twitter Add RomanG on Facebook
    Hey Hatmpatn

Its not quite that easy, as there is another factor than just the wattage of the laser diode. The main reason we just use black powder is the wavelength of our the laser diode. its different from the CO2 laser commonly used in SLS printer. The white powder reflects most of the energy from the diode because of that particular wavelength, making it almost impossible to sinter it. increasing just the power of the diode wont change this fact.

We are currently working on releasing more powders, but to provide optimal support for our product, we just focus on black nylon for now.

Staff Engineer
    This thread is a bit on the quiet side. I'd hoped for more activity, especially from Sintratec owners. I'd received mine from the pre-order option after the campaign ended, and only this week have started to build it.

The instructions are indeed well written, but with a serious omission, in my opinion. As an example, assembling the door requires one to bolt together four extrusions using some well designed fittings. The first pages of the instructions show that clearly. What it doesn't show, and should show, is the need to slide in the internal nuts at that time. In two later locations in the same section (door build), it becomes necessary to disassemble the previous structure.

If the drawings had listed the increased part count and placed them appropriately, it would have reduced my build time substantially. Of course, now that I'm aware of this nuance, I will keep my eyes open for the future segments of construction.

Perusing the second segment manual, I see exactly the same thing. Assemble the base frame, then have to take it apart to slide in the nuts. I'll avoid that by making pencil marks in the manual after I print it out, to ensure I won't go through this again.

Are there other forums for this printer and its users?

Follow RomanG On Twitter Add RomanG on Facebook
    Hello fred_dot_u

Thanks for your feedback on our guide.

We did not omiss the point you stated. Its clearly shown in our best practice guide how to Insert nuts without disassembly of the segment. You can easily clickt them in from the side with a small allen wrench. Please check out the best practice guide provided with your sintratec KIT.

You can always contact us directly via customer portal with your concerns or problems.

Best regards
    Roman

Staff Engineer
    Well, that's a curious development. I did read the best practice guide. Unfortunately, I've just discovered that the version I have is one from last year! Moments ago, I download the current version and have found the notation you reference. That will most certainly make things easier for me for the remainder of the assembly.

thank you for clearing that up for me. I appreciate your quick and kindly support.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast