Close

Student

Print isn't sticking to my bed

I am seeming to have a lot of trouble getting my first layer down. the filament just keeps sticking to the nozzle and failing. it also make a popping sounds when printing. I tried leveling by bed over and over but that didn't seem to help much at all. I then thought that maybe something was wrong with the Gantry so I tried tightening my gantry to the X-axis. As you could guess, that did not work either. help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Staff Engineer
    A popping sound would indicate excessive moisture content in the filament. A clicking sound can come from the extruder motor, indicating a clog in the filament path.

Consider to post what type of filament you are using, PLA, ABS, PETG, etc. Also what extrusion temperature and bed temperature you are using. The model of printer can be helpful, also if direct extruder or bowden type.

What type of bed is used in your printer? There are glass beds, PEI sheet beds, BuildTak™ type beds, perhaps others.

It sounds as though you are chasing random solutions without knowing the specific cause.

Student
    It definitely is coming from my nozzle, so probably wet filament. I am using PLA+ filament at 205 degrees, the bed temperature at 60. The printer I am using is the Creality Ender 3 V2. I did replace the old tube for a Capricorn tube but not sure what kind of extruder, (direct or Bowden.) I am using a kind of PEI print surface.

Staff Engineer
    An inexpensive food dehydrator is one of the better ways to clear a spool of excess moisture. I've seen references of duration from four hours (seems too short) to seventeen hours. I've forgotten a spool or two for as many as three days without any damage, as best as I can determine. I just did a quick Craigslist search and found a local posting new in box for US$35. A good investment.

Student
    Thanks so much for your help, I do already have a pretty big dehydrator that has multiple shelves in it. It is a pretty old one but works really well. I have it running now with 4 spools in it.