Close

Red face New to the forum, post your printer?

Hello everyone,

I'm new here but not really to 3D printing, kinda been about for a while and never really had the chance to commit to anything like a forum but I thought I'd give it a try. My name is Andrew but on here my name is 3DPP. 3D Print Perfection, and I don't want to come off as a snob about being the best or something. But I take a lot of pride in my printer and all the work I've done to improve print quality. I just wanted to post my printer.

20220131_144316.jpg20220131_144443.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    lol, so what have you done to it ?

Looks like a corexy - my favourite current design in fdm printers.

Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    lol, so what have you done to it ?

Looks like a corexy - my favourite current design in fdm printers.
    Hey, sorry about to late post(TBH I've tried to reply to this thread several time but everytime something goes wrong), but I super glad you asked. I've actually gone through several mods/conversions on this machine trying top find what would work for me. I have a lot more information about it on my website(www.3dprintperfection.com).

However to kinda give a quick rundown, right now the corexy conversion was made by boothyboothy over on thingiverse the MK2 I believe, but I've modified it heavily. I remade the carrier from aluminum and am in the process of changing the brackets for the xy axis and remaking a electronics case for the back to include space for everything, including Fysetc's Big Dipper. I like to print higher temperature materials(cf nylon, pc, abs and have plans for ultem), so everything to do with this build is center around that as the main goal. I also have octoprint installed on there with a 12v monitor on top of the enclosure for direct access to the octoprint install if necessary.