Close

Technologist

TMC driver question SKR 1.4 Turbo

Hello, the ongoing saga of me with my SKR 1.4 turbo, TMC 2226 drivers continues. I have installed and reinstalled my mainboard I bet 6 times I have checked wiring for breaks, and for proper connections I have updated the marlin firm wear and put a custom name (SKR 1.4 TURBO) because after I would see that in the Marlin side of the BTT TFT 3.5 screen. I have updated firm wear on the TFT screen. I have tested each and every stepper motor independently. Tested by resistance ohms. All the steppers were test both coils, so two ohm test for each 5 steppers (dual Z). All steppers measured at 0.1 ohms The Z steppers had no measurable resistance , 0.0 ohms. I used a 12 v led and tested both coils of each stepper.

All the testing I know how to do tell me the stepper motors are good THEN WHY WHEN I TELL IT TO "HOME', I GET "HOMING FAILED MUST RESET". AND THATS WHEN MARLIN SAYS SKR 1.4 TURBO IS READY. I can heat the nozzle and the bed to desired temps.

So is it a bum board ? OR is it the stepper DRIVERS (TMC 2226)? I was told 2226 were updated 2209's and I would be good to go with 2226.

My question is do you think its the drivers? should I get a set of TMC 2209's ? If the board is bum then buying a set of drivers is moot point. I'm looking at either SKR 2 OR Mini E3 boards? stinks too because I also bought the DCDC board, WIFI board, and BTT writer board. useless to me if I get different board

Technologist
    I have also tried every serial port setting under the sun (options)