Close

Layer adhesion problem

I am having a frustrating problem with layer adhesion. This is with a CR20 printer using Cura and PLA. I am printing a 3D airplane from Eclipson. This model uses single layer skins to save weight. But I can put my finger through the skins as they come off the printer. Layers are not hanging together. Any multiple layer prints come out strong, but the single layer adhesion is really poor. I have had under extrusion trouble in the past. I replaced the extruder with a new double gear model and that really pumps out the plastic. I am printing at 220 with the bed at 60 as per the Eclipson settings. I also bought an enclosure to see if my prints improved. I don't understand this layer adhesion problem. It seems the layers aren't melting together. Should I use an even higher printing temperature?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Super Moderator
    Suggest you print a single layer bed leveling test, plenty of these on Thingiverse.
    You might find that although you have leveled the bed there could be places the bed is still either too high or too low due to distortion.

If this shows variation in different places you can always try to place objects where you'll get the best results.

After bed leveling, I recommend to degrease the building platform by soap.

Super Moderator
    Why would you need to degrease something that does not have any grease on?

As far as I am aware soap residue has very poor adhesive properties.

Follow jonaad On Twitter Add jonaad on Facebook

Lightbulb same issue i face during my work

Quote Originally Posted by Shopgeezer View Post
    I am having a frustrating problem with layer adhesion. This is with a CR20 printer using Cura and PLA. I am printing a 3D airplane from Eclipson. This model uses single layer skins to save weight. But I can put my finger through the skins as they come off the printer. Layers are not hanging together. Any multiple layer prints come out strong, but the single layer adhesion is really poor. I have had under extrusion trouble in the past. I replaced the extruder with a new double gear model and that really pumps out the plastic. I am printing at 220 with the bed at 60 as per the Eclipson settings. I also bought an enclosure to see if my prints improved. I don't understand this layer adhesion problem. It seems the layers aren't melting together. Should I use an even higher printing temperature?
    same issue i face during my work about 3d printing for house model them i increase temp, and call expert to visit he made some setting after that issue resolve but now face same issue have any suggestion?