Close

Issue: Printhead moves away from Print randomly (Ender 3v2 + Cura)

I've been having an issue that I can't figure out: During prints, the printhead will randomly move away from the print for a second, as though catching it's breath, and then returns to printing. There's no verifiable pattern to it, so I can't predict when it will happen to record it happening. The only reason I know it's happening is because I've seen it in passing, and it sometimes leaves a doodle of extrusion as part of it's path away from the part. I originally thought it was part of the z-seam, however, on my most recent print, it's opposite of the seam. I've marked out what I'm talking about in the attached image.I'm printing on an Ender 3v2 with some upgrades (though I don't think it would affect the printing path?). I generate my G-Code using Cura 4.13.0. There's a bunch of different stuff checked in my profile (as I've been duct taping profiles together to get it to print without real direction...) But specifically I've tried changing the following to prevent this kind of travel during the print:Combing: AllRetract Before Outer Wall: CheckedAvoid Printed Parts When Traveling: UncheckedZ-Hop When Retracted: UncheckedMinimum Layer Time: 0.0sMinimum Speed: 10.0mm/sLift Head: UncheckedEnable Coasting: CheckedCoasting Volume: 0.02mm^3Maybe there's some other setting that's checked or not checked but hidden in Cura...If anyone can help me out with figuring out why my printer does this extra move and how to stop it, I would definitely appreciate it! If you need more information, let me know.Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Super Moderator
    Can you get an unmodified default Cura profile to try and then use that to see if you have the same problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Bikeracer2020 View Post
    Can you get an unmodified default Cura profile to try and then use that to see if you have the same problem.
    Thanks Bikeracer2020 for the reply. Yes, that's definitely something I could try, but the move is inconsistent and irregular. I could potentially go through handfuls of test prints to try and see if I get the same result and never see anything. Also, I'm hoping to get an idea if there's a specific setting so I can avoid checking it if I want to make custom profiles again.