Close

Considering a Solidoodle

I am strongly considering the purchase of a Solidoodle printer. However, I have a few questions.

- How long does shipping usually take. Or Maybe I should ask, how long from the time I purchase it until the time it arrives at my front door?
    - What is setting up of the printer like. Is it difficult? How does it compare to other 3D Printers as far as setup goes.
    - Is this a printer that will still be considered "up to date" within the next 3 years?
    - Does the extruder clog easily? How easy is it to clean the extruder?

- It can take 6 to 8 weeks
    - Well it needs to make good calibrations but it's not so difficult.
    - Since you can upgrade a solidoodle I think that we can tell that a Solidoodle is ok for the next 2 year but 3d printing is in constant evolution so it's difficult to talk about 3 years !
    - The original head can clog easily but if you take a jhead it's harder to clog and easy to clean(and it's not too expensive).

Student
    i have never had a clog with my SD head. you can make a very simple "mod" to wipe off your filament as it enters your head to prevent this. and i dont even have one of those.

depending where you are i got my SD3 in 4 weeks when the site was saying 6-8. i think its just incase they get backed up