Close

3D Printed Stained Glass

By now you probably have heard about the Stratasys Object500 Connex3 3D Printer, which is capable of fabricating objects in multiple materials and colors within one print. One Arizona based company, PADT has used the printer to display it's amazing capabilities. Eric Miller, the Principal and Director of Analysis & Design Technologies for the company printed out an incredible 'stained glass' piece using a tranparent material. Check out the images of the piece below, and let us know what you think. More details on this story may be found here: http://3dprint.com/12829/3d-printed-stained-glass

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Wow, that's pretty impressive, I'm not sure it has the same appeal as a real one but considering no lead is used in these, it's probably a safer alternative to the real ones.

Yes that's really nice. I'd be really interested if you could do a follow up article 1 year from now to see how they fare after long exposures / wind errosion.

That looks awesome! I wonder how big a piece that printer does?

Build Area

Quote Originally Posted by JohnA136 View Post
    That looks awesome! I wonder how big a piece that printer does?
    The Connex3 has a build area of 19.3" x 15.4". But we often build multiple pieces and glue them together if we need bigger.

Will do. I've got a couple of other models I want to print using this process. The next one will be our company logo (a little advertising fluff) then i want to try and make a Tiffany Lamp. Something simple and small.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    Amazing machines.