Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Phoenix 3D Printer

Hey guys, here is yet another 3D printer on Kickstarter. It's call the Phoenix 3D Printer.

Printer Url: http://phoenix3dprinter.com/
    Kickstarter Project: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...ently_launched

A low-cost, fully loaded entry-level printer, with a heated bed, exclusive management software, print failure recovery, and more!

This one looks really good. Looks better than the Peachy Printer in my opinion. I love how so many of these companies are using crowdfunding to fund these projects. I may just back this one.

Ron

Student
    Better perhaps, but it's a complete other method - it's a bit like comparing apples with... peaches ;-)
    Also we don't know how the finished peachy product will be like.

Yeah, I am amazed at all the different techniques in 3D Printing. I wonder which methods will win out at the best, and cheapest. Filament where they melt plastics, or the other methods out there. Kickstarter is clearly a great way to get a printer launched from what I have seen. Great for competition, and great for lower prices for us consumers!

Nice to see that they have easily hit their Kickstarter goal. Seems a bit generic in that it doesn't stand out all that much from other models, but for the price, not bad all all.

The heated bed in something you get off Kickstarter scares me a little bit. This could be dangerous if not used properly, and lots of KS backers probably aren't exactly the most knowledgable when it comes to using 3D printers.

Banned
    Up to $109K. Impressive to say the least! Seems to be getting a lot of buzz around the tech circles. I'm a backer, are you guys?

Ive also decided to back this project with the experimental dual extruder

Quote Originally Posted by tookys View Post
    Ive also decided to back this project with the experimental dual extruder

500.00 for a dual extruder 3d printer with a decent (better than most) build volume.
    its a win

I'm interested to hear users's thoughts once they have one in their hands. I'm most likely going to the 3D printer expo in Burbank to get a look at this and a few others. I agree with satgod that the price for it's options looks very good... but this is coming from someone who hasn't touched a 3D printer yet and is just doing their homework before they join the crowd...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast