Close

Need help with Anet A3-s printer, z axis doesn't auto home.

Hey guys, Reaching out to find a solution to my very first 3D printer. I've recently purchased an Anet A3 (very old model, I know) 3D printer as a beginner. It wasn't smooth sailing in the beginning as you guys know it's not very easy as a complete noob in this field. Later with time, I got very good prints and was enjoying it. The one day when I updated Cura to the latest version, and wanted to print a gpu bracket. I've noticed that it was printing very high like 10 mm from the actual bed. I've tested the z- axis end stop sensor itself, and the power switches on and of at the board when the led light flashes. Did check with a multimeter. That's why I don't think it's the sensor itself, but maybe the firmware that needs to re-uploaded? Don't think it's the G-Code because it used to work perfectly. When I do perform auto home from the screen the bed doesn't even go up to the nozzle but only keeps on going down when pressing auto home. Have searched on googled and youtube and only found someone with a similar problem but no fix. I have a video that shows what it does. Please follow the link to watch ===> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ft1TaQAPzkPlease I would appreciate any help, thanks. not sure which firmware does these printers run on. Have tried other software even like repetier to slice and check the print but same issue.

Add Roberts_Clif on Thingiverse
    This is a common Z-End Stop error

I would inspect the z-end stop switch connection you may have a broken wire.
    You can connect your 3D Printer using a terminal program and send M119 you can see the state of your end stop switches.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberts_Clif View Post
    This is a common Z-End Stop errorI would inspect the z-end stop switch connection you may have a broken wire.You can connect your 3D Printer using a terminal program and send M119 you can see the state of your end stop switches.
    I have the printer connected through CURA and sending commands but for some reason it's not responding to M119 but it does auto home when sending G28, even when I control the z motor the upwards motion doesn't work.

Add Roberts_Clif on Thingiverse
    When you send M119 it is suppose to return the status of end-stops.

https://marlinfw.org/docs/gcode/M119.html

Then you will have to test the switch, do you have a multi-meter or something to measure continuity, if so then test the switch and wiring.

Hi,
    I have the exact same problem. Did you manage to fix yours?