Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Technologist

~ VSCode squiggles are gonna be the death of me

Hello I hope this finds a VSCode pro here. I have a Ender 3 pro whise mainboard went south. Swapped with SKR 1.4 Turbo w/ 4 TMC 2226 drivers. Ive been told I can use TMC 2209 drivers in place. ANYHOW I downloaded latest MARLIN bugfix 2.0.9 I believe. AND configurations 2.0 bugfix I followed to the T videos by Teaching Tech and Chris's basement on installing the SKR 1.4 Turbo. Ive watched both videos countless times. When I do I follow along, pause the video, make changes in fimweare, then resume video, and repeat. I have tried to tweak firmwear maybe 8 times and EVERYTIME I get the cursed squigles ~ at top of config file. Cant compile and make a *.cur file with a ~ still there. Help in Bel Air Im not adding yet the wifi or auto bed leveling yet And NOT using sensorless homing want to use end stopsI have also tried non bugfix versions of MARLIN and ConfigAt least the BTT TFT3.5 screen looks coolEnder 3 ProSKR 1.4 Turbo W/ TMC 2226 stepper drivers120v 750 watt bed heater w/ SSR300 X 300 bed (ender extender 300XL)dual Z steppers on one mainboard connection ( for now) plan on getting another Z stepper wire later

I did notice I could only download the latest VSCode v 1.65 and that the VSCode Teaching Tech and Chris was using had different line numbers when tweaking. But I KNEW to look for SAME text , it may have only been a difference of 8-20 lines

ANY FIRMWEAR GERU's OUT THERE??
    Last edited by Bruce19; 03-07-2022 at 02:25 PM.

Add Roberts_Clif on Thingiverse
    Tilde is its name " ~ "

Post a link to the Video I will give it a try.

Technologist
    sorry I dont know how to make a inet address inot one word,Teaching tech https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Gdk0wHg51w&t=649s and Chris's https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHMZ0ocTYvM

Technologist
    Ender 3 Pro
    ender Extender 300XZ makes bed 300mm x 300mm and Z height 385 mm
    DUAL Z steppers BUT right now ony 1 wire feeding both

I have but not yet installed
    wifi
    CR Touch

THANK YOU SO MUCH

I followed the instructions, compiled got error could not find processor rebooted VSCode compiled perfect.

Using 7-ZIp could you zip this entire directory post on a share program like Google Drive and share the link.
    Will see if I can find the error and re-post for you with comments about this error. This is to help you learn about troubleshooting software errors.

If then you still cannot see the error I will post a zip of the I created firmware.

P.S. How are you going to wire the display with ribbon cables or another way.
    Last edited by Roberts_Clif; 03-08-2022 at 05:39 PM.

Technologist
    Hello Rob Thank you so much for helping. Do you want me to send my results in zip form of vscode I got? And as far as the tft 3.5 display, Im using ribbon cables supplied

Zip directory of your modified Marlin firmware used for VS-Code.

Enabled your display.
    Last edited by Roberts_Clif; 03-09-2022 at 12:45 PM.

Technologist
    Rob right now Im doing it again.

Wish you the best of luck.

if you get a error post your Configuration with your changes.

Technologist
    Rob nope no luck still get errors when compile this time I wrote most steps down as did them . i wrote to teaching tach asking what version vsCODE he used in those videos, havent heard back, LOL I even looked online for vsCODE firmware expert I could pay to fix ewrrors LOL Thats how desperate I'm gettingBruce

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast