Close

BTT Octopus Pro PT100

Hi!Does anyone know the config needed for running PT100 / PT1000 on a BTT Octopus Pro directly connected at the PT100/PT1000 port (J47) running Klipper.I have found that sensor type is just PT100 but nothing about sensor pin?Manual states that: "Bear in mind that you will still need to configure your firmware using the correct sense resistor values which will be 430ohm for the PT100 and 4300ohm for the PT1000" Where is this configured?sensor_pin: ?sensor_type: PT100 (or PT1000)

Quote Originally Posted by Petzon_Nilzon View Post
    Hi!Does anyone know the config needed for running PT100 / PT1000 on a BTT Octopus Pro directly connected at the PT100/PT1000 port (J47) running Klipper.I have found that sensor type is just PT100 but nothing about sensor pin?Manual states that: "Bear in mind that you will still need to configure your firmware using the correct sense resistor values which will be 430ohm for the PT100 and 4300ohm for the PT1000" Where is this configured?sensor_pin: ?sensor_type: PT100 (or PT1000)
    Hi there, I was having the very same issue as you did. I solved it now, did you figured it out? If you need some help, I may be able to help you out.It's pretty late here, I gotta go, but tomorrow I'll come by and check on your answer, if you still need help, I'll send you my configs and explain you how I did it.Best regards

Quote Originally Posted by PedroB View Post
    Hi there, I was having the very same issue as you did. I solved it now, did you figured it out? If you need some help, I may be able to help you out.It's pretty late here, I gotta go, but tomorrow I'll come by and check on your answer, if you still need help, I'll send you my configs and explain you how I did it.Best regards
    Hi!
    Great that you solved it, I have not found any setting that works. I would really appreciate if you could share your settings with me.
    Thanks in advance.

so, first and foremost, in this link you can download the user manual and some more stuff for the board:
    https://bigtree-tech.com/pages/download

First check if you have the DIP switches in the right configuration, you'll find a table on the manual with the configurations for the different sensors, page 19.
    Secondly, the board has an integrated MAX31865 temp sensor amplifier, that's what you actually use to communicate with the sensor, so, the communication method is pretty much the same as with those, adapter drives you can fit into the stepper slots, except this one is already embedded into the board.

The configuration I used is this one:

[extruder]
    sensor_type: MAX31865
    sensor_pin: PF8
    spi_software_sclk_pin: PA5
    spi_software_mosi_pin: PA7
    spi_software_miso_pin: PA6

rtd_nominal_r: 100 # check manual
    rtd_num_of_wires: 2 # set this to the number of wires your sensor has, mine has only 2
    rtd_reference_r: 430 # check manual
    rtd_use_50Hz_filter: True # check manual

max_temp: <set your max temp here>

PF8 is the pin name to the port you mentioned, the J47
    Those spi pins, well I have no idea where they come from, but it worked for me
    For next 4 items, after the spi config stuff, you can find an explanation for it, also in the manual.
    Don't forget to set your max temp for the heater.

If your sensor is a 2 wire sensor you just connect the wires to the 2 middle pins in the J47 connector.
    If it's a 3 wire there's one more thing you've gotta do, but you'll also find that in the manual.

Hope it works for you too