Close

Kingroon KP3S Bed

i am new to 3d printing and i just picked up my first printer Kingroon KP3S and i love it. I have adjusted and leveled the bed as best i can but it is warped. i just printed a few prints and they came out great as long as they are in the center and the base is no bigger than 2 inches round. if i have a bigger base than that i seen to hit those lower spots and cant get it to adhere right. i can see with a ruler that the bed is not perfectly flat. I see on some of these printers they have a nice aluminum thick bed that is sold and doesnt move or warp. Does anybody know if they make something like this for my printer or maybe a piece of thick tempered glass. any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks

Engineer-in-Training
    Go for the glass bed attach it to the existing bed with document clips . You will have to move the Z axis end stop switch to allow for the extra bed thickness. I have been using glass bed on both my machines for 2 years no problems but I also have sheet of 1mm Tufnol (Garalite) clamped on top of the glass with the same clips. Works every time for PLA Nylon ABS needs ABS GLUE to work every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Gambo View Post
    Go for the glass bed attach it to the existing bed with document clips . You will have to move the Z axis end stop switch to allow for the extra bed thickness. I have been using glass bed on both my machines for 2 years no problems but I also have sheet of 1mm Tufnol (Garalite) clamped on top of the glass with the same clips. Works every time for PLA Nylon ABS needs ABS GLUE to work every time.
    Ok cool I will try that. Which glass bed are u using and also have turned the bed heat up to account for the glass or will I be fine to leave it at my normal 60°

Engineer-in-Training
    A piece of tempered borosilicate glass I bought from a local glass works I just left the bed temp were it was.