Close

Help needed for a 3D printing issue

Hello, I have spent a lot of time googling looking for an explanation and solution to a problem I have.I use an anycubic chiron printer, but I think I have seen this on other printers to. I use cura for slicing and pretty standard settings printing pla.I am printing a cyclindrical object and it seems that rather than print in continuous circles, (like one long multiple loop) it prints up to a point, then turns around and goes back around the circle all the way until it reaches the same point. At the points it turns around, there is a definite vertical line (as each layer builds, there are features at the point it turns back).On the left hand side of the vertical line, the layers look nicely fused, on the right hand side of this line, the layers are fuzzy and there is too little plastic extruded here.Please advise on what the cause might be, and more importantly a potential fix?Many thanks in advance!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Add Roberts_Clif on Thingiverse
    Here are a few things you can try.
    Set seam to random
    Set smaller retract distance
    Print slower

Or

Try a different slicer.

Quote Originally Posted by JN84 View Post
    Hello, I have spent a lot of time googling looking for an explanation and solution to a problem I have.I use an anycubic chiron printer, but I think I have seen this on other printers to. I use cura for slicing and pretty standard settings printing pla.I am printing a cyclindrical object and it seems that rather than print in continuous circles, (like one long multiple loop) it prints up to a point, then turns around and goes back around the circle all the way until it reaches the same point. At the points it turns around, there is a definite vertical line (as each layer builds, there are features at the point it turns back).On the left hand side of the vertical line, the layers look nicely fused, on the right hand side of this line, the layers are fuzzy and there is too little plastic extruded here.Please advise on what the cause might be, and more importantly a potential fix?Many thanks in advance!
    If you search in Cura for "Vase Mode" you will find a setting called "Spiralize Outside Contour". Turning this on will run the print in Vase Mode (which it sounds like you are trying to do.) Vase mode does not do ANY infill, it just prints the outer walls in a spiraling motion from bottom to top. If you are attempting to print a solid cylinder, then you need to go to the "Randomize Z Seam" setting and check that. Hope this helps!