Close

3D Printing Used to Make Gummy Humans

Who doesn't like gummy bears, right? A Japanese FabCafe has allowed customers to make Gummy Humans in a likeness of themselves. Customers first underwent full body scans via a 3D scanner. Then a mold was 3D printed with plastic which was used to create the gummy humans. As you can see from the pictures below they turned out quite detailed. More details on this process can be found here: http://3dprint.com/12148/3d-print-gummy-humans/

What do you think?

Technologist
    Add bshadown on Thingiverse
    Sorry, but it give me creeps, seriously the japanese have some serious crazy ideas and some aré not preaty

While this is kind of neat, there are better ways to make gummie candies in custom shapes. I'm actually planning on making some custom gummies for a local brewery once I get my 3D printer up and running.

The more efficient way to do this is to print multiple positives and then use them to make imprints into a bed of corn starch. Professional confectioners use this same technique for making gummy bears and the like.

This Instructable (not mine) on the topic is quite good, and i used it to make a number of successful batches of custom shaped gummy candies. 3D printing is a great tool to add to this classic technique.