Close

First layer issues

Hi guys new to the forum and relatively new to 3d printing. I'm currently trying to print a certain box and I'm getting "waves" in the first layer. It doesn't (to me) seem to be warping it seems to be extra material and it's raised in the obvious spots in the pictures. I'm using a Ender 3 V2 with CR touch auto leveler, current version of Cura, hatchbox PLA. Temps are 200 and 60 respectively, layer hight is .20, speed is 50mm (20mm for first layer) no fan for first layer. Currently printing it with a brim. Any help is appreciated thank you.
    Attached Images Attached Images

can't see anything with those tiny pics.. but if you have what looks like waves with first layer.. nozzle probably too close to bed.. Ender machines are low quality toys.. good luck,you will need it with that level of product.

Quote Originally Posted by airscapes View Post
    can't see anything with those tiny pics.. but if you have what looks like waves with first layer.. nozzle probably too close to bed.. Ender machines are low quality toys.. good luck,you will need it with that level of product.
    I have the bed manually leveled and also with the CR touch automatic level at a piece of a2 paper width from the bed. I only have the issue with this print and not others that are similar to this one. Everything else I print with this material and parameters comes out great. Anything else I can try?

Double check your slicer and make sure you don't have a negative value (making the nozzle closer) in the Z offset setting, assuming your slicer has that parameter. What happens if you let the part finish printing?

Quote Originally Posted by airscapes View Post
    Double check your slicer and make sure you don't have a negative value (making the nozzle closer) in the Z offset setting, assuming your slicer has that parameter. What happens if you let the part finish printing?
    The Z offset is 0 in Cura. Just checked on the part and it came out perfect. Kinda strange.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Add Roberts_Clif on Thingiverse
    I have upgraded to Marlin 2.0.6.1 an have enabled #define BABYSTEPPING this gives me the advantage on increasing the nozzle to that perfect height while printing a skirt.
    My proximity sensor is mounted on a thumb screw adjustable slide mount this allows me to have additional adjustments of getting the nozzle quickly to that perfect height.
    And always use automatic bed leveling, not as often as you might think my bed stays quite level with leveling before every print.

On occasion I have to do a complete manual bed leveling adjusting the nozzle to .2mm above the bed as disabling stepper motors so I can manually move an adjust bed level.
    An Still I use the baby-stepping, adjust the proximity sensor thumb screw slide mount for current layer height and do a complete automatic bed level before starting first print.
    This can all me accomplished in under 1 minute once you get real familiar with the procedures for your 3d printer.