Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks for the feedback I'll keep reading. In reference to the waste you are not supposed to flush that in the drain. That's why people use funnels and coffee filters to strain out the resin in the wash bath. In any event thanks for the input

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    lol well somewhere down the line it all has to go somewhere.

If you can't throw it away or flush it away - where is it supposed to go ?

My point is that you either dispose of how you can - or not bother going anywhere near resin printing.

You simply cannot use a resin printer AND follow everysingle guideline.

It's kind of like the 'guidance' often given for using 3d printed items in the kitchen.

The first things i ever designed and printed were stuffing tubes for my sausage stuffer.
    I've been using them for the last 8 years or so.
    It's the only way you can get the correct diameter for inserting into the collagen casing tubes.

Now the internet (who did not study biology and chemistry at college, as I did) tell you that there will be bacteria in all the little layer lines and gaps.
    Well, yes. every single surfce in your home, no matter how rough or smooth is covered in bacteria, all the time, always.
    If you wash 3d printed items in hot soapy water, then they will be every bit as safe as anything else you own that you wash after use.

So as long as the thing you make is not itself in herently toxic. It's a as foodsafe as anything else you own.

I also think you're getting alittle confused.

The only things I have washed are the finished prints. After an hour or so of being left to drip dry back into the printing vat.

Any unused resin will be filtered and poured back into the bottle.

Today actually as I need to find out if the bloody firstlayer over exposure is down to my using transparent resin or not.
    The detail and precision on every single other layer is just incredible. But I simply cannot get a clean first layer, just will not leave any gaps.
    It's seriously annoying lol

So no uncured resin is going to be poured down the drain.
    If at any time I spill any - and I've got the machine standing on newspaper.
    The spillage will be zapped with the uv spotlight and then the cured paper popped into the bin.

If 2 or three drops of uncured resin are being washed off the models, I would be surprised.

You are supposed to dispose of the resin like hazardous waste, just like to do with everything else that's considered hazardous.

I'm sure you'll get the first layer issue stored out

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123