Close

New to 3D Printing and need some basic help...

I have an Anycubic Photon Mono printer and can't figure out how to get a sliced image from my computer to the 3D printer. I downloaded a file from Thingiverse and used the Photon Workshop to size and slice the file. I saved it as a sliced file on my desktop and loaded it onto a flash drive. When I insert the flash drive into the 3D printer it doesn't show up.I am so new to this so any suggestions or advice is really appreciated.

Staff Engineer
    Are you using windows? What is the file extension that is created by the slicer? What slicer program are you using?

Using windows and saved it as a Sliced File. I went back and saved it as a Mesh file and I think that is what I need to do. It is showing up as a 3D Object file now.

I'm using the Photon Workshop software that came with the printer.

Staff Engineer
    Your description is somewhat confusing. One starts with a mesh file (STL, OBJ, 3MF) and imports/opens it in the slicer. Supports are added, printer parameters are determined, often using the defaults. The file is then sliced and a sliced file appropriate to the printer model is saved to a storage device such as a flash drive or memory card.

If you received a flash drive with the printer, it should have some sample prints on it. You can see those samples in the printer menu and also examine the file names on the card so you can determine the correct type.