Close

Threaded View

upgrade to a new printer

Hello Folks

New guy here at the forum, nice to meet you all.

I bought a Lulzbot taz 6 several years back and after many years of great service and learning the ins and outs of the 3d printing i figured that the TAZ6 has some limitations even though for what i need it, its fine.

I have been looking here and there to familiarize my self with the available and affordable options.
    I wanted to move up and get an SLS printer or something equivalent.
    The SLS style printers seem to be great but the high initial cost and the high consumables seems that its not really worth it for me.

I was looking at some older Machines from Zcorp but while they appear to be great, the raw material availability seems to be a major issue along with the support if something goes wrong.

I am looking to move from the "prototype" look prints to a more professional finish that will be robust. Nylon Printing is preferred but i am ok with other materials that can hold up to some heat/and strength .

I am using Shapeways when i need finished products and i am very pleased with that. I wanted to see if i could print something similar to that at home.

what do you 3d Printer gurus recommend ?
    Budget is around $5k.

Thanks
    Last edited by PCeM; 12-13-2021 at 06:50 PM.