Close

Question I need help connecting my laptop to my 3D printer

So I have an ender 3 pro and I always use the SD card slot but I bought a new laptop recently and my old one just sits around. So I have figured out a way to control my old laptop from my new one and from my IPad so now I can connect my old laptop to the 3D printer and control it from anywhere.The only issue I have is I can't seem to connect the printer to the old laptop. I managed to get my new laptop to connect and recognise the printer. But when I plug the Micro-USB cable into the old laptop it won't detect the printer. So I know the cable and printer works there's just something wrong with the old laptop. I managed to do it once ages ago with a Mini-USB but then I upgraded my printer's motherboard and now the old laptop won't talk to it.Any help would be much appreciated

Add Roberts_Clif on Thingiverse
    Most likely you need a Driver to allow the PC to talk to the Arduino driven 3D Printer.

I use this driver CH34x_Install_Windows_v3_4.

Do not remember where I downloaded, but I believe a compatible driver is installed with Cura slicers an some other slicers a well.

Add Roberts_Clif on Thingiverse
    Be careful and scan all downloads for viruses before executing.