Close

Looking for a second printer

Hi everyone.
    I have a 2018 QIDI tech 1. It's great. It's been a lot of fun. I bought it used with 6 hours on it for 300 dollars. It came with the original orange PLA and white ABS.
    My unit must be newer because I had cable coverings and the 10mm Z axis rods.
    I was doing a Google search for upgrades and I found a 300 some odd page post here, so I joined.
    My only complaint is the Z axis is limiting the height of my prints. I'd like to see 12 inches (TWSS) in Z.

So now I'm shopping around for another printer to add to my arsenal.
    I am a low level hobbyist. I haven't even been printing a year. I haven't explored my options that much, which is why I have come to the professionals for their opinions. There were a lot of people in the QIDI Tech thread who bought one printer, sold it, bought another, sold it, bought another, etc...
    I want to learn from the mistakes and the journey of growth that others have.
    A friend has an ANET8 and it looks flimsy and rickety. I am not impressed.
    I like the PRUSA i3 and the Ender 3.
    I'm hoping someone could give me some advice so I only have to make a purchase once.

Student
    Follow nexuslogistics On Twitter

hello

Quote Originally Posted by Paraquat View Post
    Hi everyone.I have a 2018 QIDI tech 1. It's great. It's been a lot of fun. I bought it used with 6 hours on it for 300 dollars. It came with the original orange PLA and white ABS.My unit must be newer because I had cable coverings and the 10mm Z axis rods.I was doing a Google search for upgrades and I found a 300 some odd page post here, so I joined.My only complaint is the Z axis is limiting the height of my prints. I'd like to see 12 inches (TWSS) in Z.So now I'm shopping around for another printer to add to my arsenal.I am a low level hobbyist. I haven't even been printing a year. I haven't explored my options that much, which is why I have come to the professionals for their opinions. There were a lot of people in the QIDI Tech thread who bought one printer, sold it, bought another, sold it, bought another, etc...I want to learn from the mistakes and the journey of growth that others have.A friend has an ANET8 and it looks flimsy and rickety. I am not impressed.I like the PRUSA i3 and the Ender 3.I'm hoping someone could give me some advice so I only have to make a purchase once.
    Hi i can suggest some sites regarding it