Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Technologist
    ok so heres the latest I wrote to overture and they replied back asking for pictures and batch numbers. I sent them that information this am. They said if they see its their filament problem they would send new rolls. In meantime I have a sample of white PLA came with my printer. Never opened. I printed the BB8 and it too shifted not the 15mm as past prints but only 8mm. Thats an improvement. The Y axis is much longer than original. I dont see any slop from only having one Z stepper motor. but i could be wrong I just wrote to the Ender Extender people asking what could be. Im going back and forth about dual Z stepper setup kit. ANY IDEAS?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Technologist
    I've noticed the longer Y axis extruded is "sloppy. I can see the left side start up and the right side lags behind a mm or two. I wonder with this lag if the nozzel is "catching" on an upper layer therby shifting the print some distance? I think a dual Z drive is in order? Also the one picture , if you can see the lack of smoothness to the print? Can this be caused from sloppy Y axis?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Technologist
    I believe my issues were from a sloppy 'X" axis (one where hot end goes back and forth) was increased to 390mm I could see left side start to move before right did. Im in process installing a dual Z drive

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12