Close

Smile Buying my first 3d printer

Hello everyone :) This is my first time buying a 3D printer and I don't want anything too fancy. I'm looking for a printer that is around 600 dollars and fairly easy to use. I was thinking about the printer bot simple metal... What do you guys think? http://printrbot.com/shop/assembled-simple-metal/

It's not a bad device at all for the price. One thing is that the build volume is 6 x 6 x 6 inches. That's not very larger. It may seem it but you may find yourself wanting a larger build volume. If the size seems ok to you then I would say go for it. It's certainly a simple and reliable printer. You might want to also check out the new Solidoodle printer they just released as well. It's about the same price, and a bit larger I believe.

Technician
    If you have time, go for the MOD-t which is only $249. Unfortunately though it won't be available for several more months.

Technician
    Printrbot Simple Metal. I've very happy with mine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuCHU3dJEdA

Staff Engineer
    You know, I think it's notable that almost everyone I've heard of that bought a Printrbot of some kind has been happy with it. I'm pretty sure I've seen at least one detractor for every other printer that people actually have bought off a shelf. (except maybe the Hyrel printers, but I haven't seen nearly as many people who have one of those, since they're a whole different price bracket.)

Technician
    I think the Simple Metal is a very overlooked printer.