Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Technologist
    PrusaSlicer.

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    If you load the file in PrusaSlicer it is already sliced but for his printer. It will have your printer probe multiple point on the bed and it will try to force .6mm line width.

It always was and really still is just bad advice to happily try to print a already sliced file or a file sliced for another rig. Slicing is so specific to the robot that is gonna run that Gcode.

But it is a great way to actually compare our machines. Yes I know there never was an i3 that could hold a candle to a coreXY but I think I am the only one here with an i3 so it is fun to bounce my little rig off it's limits. It is also a good way to see how good my i3 can do.

I am still working on dialing back settings slowly to get the best time out of a functional iris box with my i3. Trying my hardest to get it down under an hr. print time or as close as possible. With all the time spent printing PETG I have some setup work to do before I can compete and compare with you guys in print time.

Have you guys watched my little video? It is running super silent TMC2226 drivers. All that noise is just them terrible smooth rod bearings that were cheap junk that came with the printer in early 2016. It is painful to listen to that printer run. Lol. I have to get some new LM8UU linear bearings in my i3. It sounds like nails on a chalkboard no matter how much 3 in 1 oil I smear on the rods.

Technologist
    Good summary. That project won't probe on start though. The Prusas do, but the CoreXY just homes and prints.
    It will start the print at around 180,180 though so that would be 'interesting' on a small bed machine.

Main reason for sharing the project file is that it includes all my settings - linear advance, cooling, bridge settings, seam positions, etc. All that stuff that's not covered by simple speeds and temps but may have large effect on printing time and quality.

Technologist
    Here's a slightly better calibration/benching print than the dinoclip one I posted. The author of this clip has included STLs for different tolerances.
    https://www.prusaprinters.org/prints...t-in-place-cam

I just printed the stock version with 0.1mm tolerances on a Prusa Mk3s with a 0.6mm nozzle.

Very good post.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    lol the pictures on the prusa site show it clipping a banana stalk, and in some grass.
    But not actually holding a bag shut.

weird looking thing though, I'll give it a try.
    Although i don't eat crisps (chips to you foreigners).

It's an interesting looking design.
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 11-18-2021 at 01:41 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123