Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    to make a mould watertight - you need to print it solid. Now with most slicers 100% infill is NOT solid. usually you need to tick a box in the slicer that adds a solid diaphragm and set it to make one every layer. That will then make a totally solid, utterly watertight print that should work fine for a resin mould. Obviously you still need to get the printing temp and speed right as well. But you can certainly make watertight moulds.

thanks, where is the solid option in cura? not seeing it

try prusaslicer instead - cura is the least user frinedly slicer there is. In prusa slicer it's here:

I don't give cura disc room on my computers :-)

OK, thanks for the tip, why do you prefer prusa?

easier to use, better laid out, not designed for 3mm filament and just a lot easier to find settings.

Cura was okay up to about version 13, then they had a total reboot, started the numbers from 2 and it just became almost impossible to find anything.
    too many nested menus.

I actually use simplify3d for 90% of my prints and Flashprint for my replicator clone, Klik-N-Print machine.

Of the free slicers that will run with most machines, prusaslicer just makes the most sense.

There are a couple niggles like the print speed settings being split between a percentage for some settings and a set speed for others.
    A percentage for everything is a lot easier and makes mpre sense.

Simplify3d is the best, but you have to buy it.
    There was a cracked version floating around a few years ago - but not seen one for a while.

So if I didn't have s3d, I'd probably be using prusaslicer.

kiri:moto is also pretty good, but it's online software and my internet connection is not great, so i avoid online applications wherever possible.

Also the ender 3 is a - deliberately - crippled version of the prusa I3, so it's - sort of - the machine the slicer was developed for and cura is developed for Ultimaker printers, which are quite different in operation.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12