Close

Technologist

Btt skr1.4 have bootloader?

Hello does anyone know if the BTT SKR 1.4 TURBO has a bootloader already in it? My stock ender 3 Pro has marlin 1.1.6.2 I want to update that to marlin 2.0, UNLESS the BTT SKR board has it already. I have that board sitting in front of me screaming "put me in"

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    The latest version of Marlin is 2.0.9.1 and you can get it here: Download | Marlin Firmware (marlinfw.org)

Instead of the Arduino environment we manipulate the newer Marlin with Virtual Studio Code or VSCode and you can get it here: Download Visual Studio Code - Mac, Linux, Windows

Once you have these downloaded you should probably go watch a well spoken youtube tutorial like this: (3) VSCODE - Edit Marlin Firmware - How To - Chris's Basement - YouTube

And / or this: (3) Updated Marlin firmware setup guide - VS Code and Auto Build Marlin - YouTube

Technologist
    AutoWiz Thank you I've aready DL'd marlin 2.0.9.1, I have VsCode. Now I'll check out Cris's video. I enjoy his on you tube hopefully this will fix my information over load watching youtube videos on installing a boot loader hopefull Chris has the touch Again, Thank You

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    yeah it's a32bit board. So just sucks the firmware files off an sdcard.

You do not have to install a bootloader :-)

Technologist
    No I dont have it