Close

Question Ender3v2 nozzle dives into printed part

Hi guys.I have a Ender 3V2 with the 4.2.2 Motherboard. And I use Cura slicer.Sometimes my printer just decides to decrease the Z axis while printing making a huge hole at the end of the print or just destroying a print midway. Is that a known bug or just a "feature" of my printer? I've added a picture with a example that I've catched on time when it decided to dive when only about 10 layers were left.I've tried with the official firmware, with Jyers E3V2-BLTouch-5x5-v4.2.2-v1.3.5.b and Jyers E3V2-UBL-BLTouch-15x15-v4.2.2-v1.3.5.b
    Attached Images Attached Images

Cura check.

Unless your printer is faulty, the only reason this would happen is if the Gcode told it to.Pop the STL back in to Cura, slice it then use the slider to check the layer build, if it looks right create a new Gcode and try again.Make sure you have no macros set up i.e.where you would set pause at height etc as it may be poss to create this - and unless you remove any /all macros this Coul be repeated.If you are not sure about macros ask here, maybe someone is on Cura and could screen shot to show where they are.Hope this helps.