Close

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Hello new here i was wondering a few things about the project.

Is it possible to add multiple peachy printer side by side to increase output (by this i meant working on the same model)? Is there a limitation that makes this impossible?

Would it not be possible to create a peachy printer from a old DVD/CD/blueray drive of a stationary pc or rather a laptop with the drive open (this link show that the diode is mounted in the part that is moving out from the drive in some laptops,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pz9b7aLg5Vc ), like the Form 1 it can print from the bottom but with help of mirors that can be moved by ether sound like the original or something else.

I mean the parts are there at least one motor that is spinning the drive must be easy to utilize for moving the model upwards? the laser diode is moving to if i'm not mistaken that can be used for something? Sure developing drivers for each drive will be a hassle if they are very different, but imagine a 3D printer you pop in your laptop cds place to print a object, this makes the printer very inexpensive since most of its parts are there.

Thanks for answering my novice question
    Last edited by Martin Isaksson; 01-18-2014 at 05:41 AM. Reason: Thanks to Feign i have cleaned up the message and made the questions more in lines of what i was wondering.

Staff Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Isaksson View Post
    Is it possible to add multiple peachy printer side by side to increase output? Is there a limitation that makes this impossible?
    From what I can tell, there's nothing stopping you from using more than one Peachy on a tank, as long as there's only one drip sensor on the tank.

Would it not be possible to create a peachy printer from a old DVD/CD/blueray drive of a stationary or rather a laptop in open mood,
    Something was definitely lost in the translation to English here, but I was under the impression that Grayston's original prototype was built out of scrap computer parts, so a dissected blu-ray was probably in the mix somewhere.
    like the Form 1 it can print from the bottom.
    I can think of two ways that the Peachy could be rigged up to print upside down... But there would be no benefits to doing so, and several drawbacks.
    I mean the parts are there at least one motor that is spinning the drive must be easy to utilize?
    But the Peachy doesn't need any motors to begin with.
    the laser diode is moving to if i'm not mistaken.
    In a disk drive it does, but in the Peachy, the laser doesn't need to move at all.
    Sure developing drivers for each drive will be a hazle if they are very different, but imagine a 3D printer you pop in your laptop cds place to print a object, this makes the printer very inexpensive since most of its parts are there.
    All the parts are there if you have a supply of CD drives around, I guess. But a printer that fits into a drive bay won't have a very large print area at all.

Thanks for answering my novice question
    No problem!

What about a depot for resigns and a pump, that adds small amount of resign to the tank while printing. In that way, at least a the color and stiffnes of the print can be changed in a layer and perhaps locally, with small amout of resign and good timing?

it would be cool to have a peachy printer mini. it would be kinda like the pro unit (self contained, with an enclosure, but would be small (print area of 3x3x4). you could take with you to places, and it could be bluetooth capable, so it could print from your mobile phone.

just a thought

I think they talked about getting the printer able to print form a cell phone, and if they succeed in that you could just connect a wireless handset to both the printer and the phone.

So elsewhere I was reading about the possible problems with surface tension in the resin and how heating it may be a way to lower the viscosity and hence the surface tension. How about simply adding something simple, like say an aquarium heater to the salt water storage tank? By heating the water you will raise the temp of the resin as well, and have a steady supply of fresh heat entering the system to keep temps stable. The heaters are limited in range, so that overheating should not be an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadbot1 View Post
    So elsewhere I was reading about the possible problems with surface tension in the resin and how heating it may be a way to lower the viscosity and hence the surface tension. How about simply adding something simple, like say an aquarium heater to the salt water storage tank? By heating the water you will raise the temp of the resin as well, and have a steady supply of fresh heat entering the system to keep temps stable. The heaters are limited in range, so that overheating should not be an issue.
    I like the idea (the surface tension issue has been bothering me) but I feel once the water gets from the top tank to the bottom it will have lost most of it's heat.
    Maybe a beer warming matt or even a USB cup warmer?

Quote Originally Posted by jontelling View Post
    I like the idea (the surface tension issue has been bothering me) but I feel once the water gets from the top tank to the bottom it will have lost most of it's heat.
    Maybe a beer warming matt or even a USB cup warmer?

I really don't think there would be much heat loss there. We are using nylon tubing normally, which has a low thermal conductivity and fairly fast flow rates. I do agree that finding a way to heat the build tank would be much better, just looking for the simple, quick and cheap fix here.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadbot1 View Post
    I really don't think there would be much heat loss there. We are using nylon tubing normally, which has a low thermal conductivity and fairly fast flow rates. I do agree that finding a way to heat the build tank would be much better, just looking for the simple, quick and cheap fix here.
    True, you should lose too much heat. I'd say those usb heaters are cheap, i think the ones i looked at were £2.50, that has to be cheaper than fish-tank heater.

Student
    Hi, i'm looking into the peachy printer, and I'm excited to order one,but i'm worried with the delay on shipping and release?
    and,
    Is there any update on even the month of when they get release?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast