Close

Threaded View

Hello new here i was wondering a few things about the project.

Is it possible to add multiple peachy printer side by side to increase output (by this i meant working on the same model)? Is there a limitation that makes this impossible?

Would it not be possible to create a peachy printer from a old DVD/CD/blueray drive of a stationary pc or rather a laptop with the drive open (this link show that the diode is mounted in the part that is moving out from the drive in some laptops,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pz9b7aLg5Vc ), like the Form 1 it can print from the bottom but with help of mirors that can be moved by ether sound like the original or something else.

I mean the parts are there at least one motor that is spinning the drive must be easy to utilize for moving the model upwards? the laser diode is moving to if i'm not mistaken that can be used for something? Sure developing drivers for each drive will be a hassle if they are very different, but imagine a 3D printer you pop in your laptop cds place to print a object, this makes the printer very inexpensive since most of its parts are there.

Thanks for answering my novice question
    Last edited by Martin Isaksson; 01-18-2014 at 05:41 AM. Reason: Thanks to Feign i have cleaned up the message and made the questions more in lines of what i was wondering.