Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

What Marlin should for BIGTREETECH OCTOPUS V1.1

Hi.Please, I bought you a motherboard BIGTREETECH OCTOPUS V1.1. What Marlin should I download for this board and what configuration files? I want to replace the board with an Ender 5 Plus.Thank you in advance for your help.

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    Hello. The BTT Octopus will be happiest with the newest flavor of Marlin. Which is currently 2.0.9.1 and you can download it from github right here: Download | Marlin Firmware (marlinfw.org)

For setting up the board I have found 2 tutorials right here: OCTOPUS USER GUIDE (niceshops.com)

And here: BTT Octopus Setup Guide - UART, BLTOUCH - Make 'N' Print (makenprint.uk)

Done right when you power on your Octopus you should see this on your display at bootup..

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    For using VScode and making changes to Marlin there are a couple helpful and well spoken youtube tutorials here: VSCODE - Edit Marlin Firmware - How To - Chris's Basement - YouTube

And here: Beginner guide to editing Marlin firmware - step by step - UPDATE IN DESCRIPTION - YouTube

Banned
    Thank you for your help.

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    Anytime. If you need a mount for your Octopus I have 2 tray designs that will bolt up to that aluminum extrusion with some m4 or m5 hardware and some drop in T slot nuts.

BTT Octopus Extrusion Mount Mainboard Trays by AutoWiz - Thingiverse

Banned
    That's great, thanks for the help.

Banned
    Hi.
    Please who has this board BIGTREETECH OCTOPUS V1.1? Where can I find configuration files for Ender 5 plus or what should I set in platformio.ini
    [platform]
    src_dir = Marlin
    boards_dir = buildroot / share / PlatformIO / boards
    default_envs = mega2560
    include_dir = Marlin

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    So there are a few ways around where you are. you need to change the default envs away from the mega2560 and to BIGTREE_OCTOPUS_V1

Alternatively you could just click on the little alien/ant head icon on the left column on the screen. this is the icon for platformio.

Once you click on it a drop down menu will show up and from there you can find your board and when you click on BIGTREE_OCTOPUS_V1 a sub menu will open allowing you to build in that environment without making that change to the default envs.

Once built and without having the usb connection you can click on the explorer icon at the very top of that column on the left.

Then you click on .pio

then you can click on build

and then you can click on BIGTREE_OCTOPUS_V1 and scroll down until you see the firmware.bin file.

Right click on it and select 'reveal in explorer' When that window opens up you can simply right click the firmware.bin file and send it to a microSD card you have plugged into your PC. Put your microsd card in the Octopus and it will flash itself when you turn the power on.

Banned
    Hi.
    I don't know how to do it. I rewrote default_envs = BIGTREE_OCTOPUS_V1 in

Configuration.h -
    #ifndef MOTHERBOARD
    #define MOTHERBOARD BIGTREE_OCTOPUS_V1
    #endif

I set env.BIGTREE_OCTOPUS_V1 (Marlin-bugfix-2.0x)

When I try to configure, it reports an error: Unknown MOTHERBOARD value set in Configuration.h.octopus.jpg

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    So that part of the configuration.h should look like:

#ifndef MOTHERBOARD
    #defineMOTHERBOARDBOARD_BTT_OCTOPUS_V1_1
    #endif

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast