Hi

In the meantime there are several manufacturers making metal-filled filaments, BASF and The Virtual Foundry probably being the most well-known. One of the most important differences in post-processing between different makes is that some say that chemical debinding is necessary while i.e. TVF do thermal debinding which is obviously much more desirable for the diy enthusiast as it only requires a pretty ordinary kiln and some accessories but doesn't involve dealing with pretty dangerous chemicals.

Therefore I wonder how much the post-processing recommendations could be bent. Every make of metal-filled filament must be using a polymer binding agent and I tend to believe that most manufacturers would be preferring the one that leaves the least residue behind which to my knowledge is PLA. I do not have the equipment ready yet but I wonder if someone has already tried to apply a post-process similar to the one used by TVF to a filament that is supposed to be debound chemically, i.e. the ones by BASF or Anycubic.

The main reason why I started to wonder is that availability and price differ widely. I.e. the European distributor of TVF filaments is basically asking twice the price compared to the US price which makes them unaffordable.

Kind regards
Martin