Close

Hybrid View

Problem with bottom layer.

When I print certain prints I have this issue with the bottom layer printing poorly. Everything else is good except the bottom and I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. Thoughts?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Add Roberts_Clif on Thingiverse
    It would help to know your slicers settings, and what 3D Printer you are using.
    Post Screen captures of the Display after slicing, Include the model showing model,

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    yeah that's definitely a problem :-)

I can see a number of issues.
    1) z-gap is too large, you need to calibrate with thinner paper or adjust your z-axis offset to move the printer head nearer the printbed..
    2) overextrusion. in a big way :-) Check the percentage extrusion width of your first layer. It should be 100%
    3) first layer print speed - it's probably too high. first layers should be printed at around 10-20mms for best adhesion.
    4) check to see if you are printing a raft. If so, switch it off. for pla you should never need one.

But yeah, give us some infomation to work with :-)

Do I adjust the Z gap with the calibration?

So it turns out the main problem was i wasn't using supports but I tried with supports and it still could use some improvement. I'm using an Ender 3. Where do I check the extrusion width? My initial layer speed is 20mms.
    No raft being used.

My support settings are Tree, touching build plate, support angle 45.0, pattern - zig zag, support density 0,

Here's a similar file that I printed recently, better but still could use some improvement.small sized 3d print pic.jpg

Initial layer height - .2, top/bottom thickness -.8, bottom layers -4, infill density - 20%, print temp 200, build plate temp 50. print speed 50, retraction distance 5, fan speed 100.