Close

Monoprice Select Mini not detected

Hi ,

I am having problems connecting my 4 year old printer to a Windows 10 laptop. It was actually working, until a few days ago. The computer is picking up the USB connection, but doesn't recognise the printer. I have tried different versions of Cura (15.04.2) and also Repetier.

I get this error message when I try to connect :

"Changing monitoring state from 'Offline' to 'Opening serial port'
    Connecting to: COM3 with baudrate: 115200 (configured)
    Unexpected error while connecting to serial port: COM3 SerialException: 'could not open port COM3: [Error 5] Access is denied.' @ machineCom.py:_monitor:332
    Found no ports to try for auto detection
    Changing monitoring state from 'Opening serial port' to 'Error: Failed to autodetect serial port.' "

I also tried manually adding the printer to the printer list, but its still not detected.

The other problem is that I can't use an SD card. The card loads to 99% - then stops and won't print, I've tried several different SD cards.

Thanks in advance.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    okay have you recent;ly had some windows 'updates' (read: totally unnecessary software changes that are guarenteed to bugger something up).

In which case do a system restore to a date when the printer worked.

and then install WUB - windows update blocker, and switch the microsoft toxic software off !
    https://www.sordum.org/9470/windows-...-blocker-v1-6/

If you still have problems after that - get back to me :-)

I'll check it out, thank you for the info. ----------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    okay have you recent;ly had some windows 'updates' (read: totally unnecessary software changes that are guarenteed to bugger something up).In which case do a system restore to a date when the printer worked. and then install WUB - windows update blocker, and switch the microsoft toxic software off ! https://www.sordum.org/9470/windows-...-blocker-v1-6/If you still have problems after that - get back to me :-)