Close

Monoprice Voxel woes

Guys,
    My Monoprice Voxel just started having feed issues. Printer is pretty new - only couple of months old. Everything was perfect until last night.
    After about 40 mins of printing, a noise can be heard that is clearly coming from filament feeder. Visually gears are not moving at that time. After few seconds printing continues.
    Any idea what might be happening?

Here's URL to video: (apologies for sideways video, I had to quickly grab my phone to start recording)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yOtQGicGP4

Thank you

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    Hmm, the weird thing is it's not clicking.
    stepper motors tend to clik in there's a jam.

Have you checked the nozzle temperature at the time it stops printing ?

Ohh hmm, no. Let me try that.
    Thanks!

No, it's a feeding mechanism issue. I just tried to reload filament and same sound occurred. Looks like something is slipping inside feeding system.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    in that case, you need to dissesemble the extruder and check:
    1) the grub screw on the worm gear is fully tight and the gear is not slipping.
    2) there's no bits in there blocking stuff
    3) that nothing has broken.

I mean the last 2 are pretty obvious. A lot of people don't even realise that the drive gears are attached to the stepper motor shaft with grub screws, and they can work loose.

Hopefully it won't be too tricky to takev apart :-)

If looking for videos or how tos, the mono price voxel is really a rebadged flashforge adventurer 3 (they are literally identical)
    And flashforge are much better at producing support materials than mo9noprice :-)