Close

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Show your MODS

I think the extension springs are going to work. I worked for a while on options to use compression springs and captured nuts, but they were all bulky to get the needed strength. The M3x50 screws were hard to get anyway.

Clough42, what file type is your dual belted extruder designed with? It looks like you are a fan of Solid-Works. I wish this was done in OpenScad.

Quote Originally Posted by Roxy View Post
    Clough42, what file type is your dual belted extruder designed with? It looks like you are a fan of Solid-Works. I wish this was done in OpenScad.
    I would be happy to make the critical dimensions available, if someone would like to model it in OpenScad.

Quote Originally Posted by clough42 View Post
    I would be happy to make the critical dimensions available, if someone would like to model it in OpenScad.
    Unfortunately, I don't have the time to re-do all your work in OpenScad. If I do this, I might be stuck just printing it out with the .STL's. I really like the way you have it setup. I want to make my printer a dual extruder and this might just be the ticket.

Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by clough42 View Post
    I'm incorporating the double groove mount, X-axis platform, hexagon cooling, servo Z-probe and a print cooling fan.
    I guess that kills it for me, and anyone else who doesn't use the hexagon hotend. Unless the hexagon stuff is optional, that is...

I'd still love a parametric hotend cooling shroud like your design so I could make it work with my E3D v6. Then I might be able to find a print cooling fan that fits.

Engineer-in-Training TopJimmyCooks's Avatar
    Just guessing but there could be room for e3d v6's as well. Was there a dimension on the center to center of the nozzles?

Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by TopJimmyCooks View Post
    Just guessing but there could be room for e3d v6's as well. Was there a dimension on the center to center of the nozzles?
    The E3D v6 will fit if the centre-centre distance is 30mm or more. That's with fan duct installed as well, to have room for the 30mm fan. http://files.e3d-online.com/v6/Drawings/V6-175.pdf
    Last edited by AbuMaia; 10-27-2014 at 07:58 PM.

Engineer-in-Training TopJimmyCooks's Avatar
    Quick edit . Yes, I was referring to the center to center on the extruder.

the fans can be rotated out some due to the clip on shrouds, so I think it could be less than the full 30mm.

Engineer
    Not very much, though, as there's only about 65mm in between the two side pieces bracing the extruder shelf. Less, if you have an ABL servo. It's going to be tight.

N.B.: I am in no way trying to nitpick or naysay clough42's design. I want to see it released so that I can use it myself. I'm sure any of these minor issues can be resolved or worked around in some way. I'll get different hotends if I have to, dammit.

I think it is unfortunate it wasn't done in OpenScad. That would have worked better for me.

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast